Why choose Adapted Living?
Stairlifts from Adapted Living offer a safe and reliable way of overcoming the problem of getting up and down stairs.
If you are thinking about installing a stairlift in Ireland, then you have come to the right place. We offer top quality and service on all our stairlifts and Homecare products. With hugely competitive prices and a strong focus on customer service, we are confident that we can find a lift that suits your needs as well as your pocket. Adapted Living has over 15 years of experience in fitting stairlifts in Ireland which has given them experience and knowledge to fit the right stairlift for your needs.
Choosing a Stairlift to suit your home
Stairlift tracks fall into two basic categories, Straight and Curved. It can be a little confusing to know which type you need for your staircase so here is a brief explanation.
Straight stairlift tracks can only travel in straight lines, they cannot turn a corner or go around a bend. Straight stairlifts are suitable for use where a stairlift only needs to travel in one straight line. Adapted Living offers you a range of straight stairlifts so one is sure to meet your needs.
- Handicare Simplicity: our economy stairlift
- Handicare Simplicity+: our economy stairlift with automatic options
- Handicare 1100: the slimmest rail on the market to date
- Handicare 1000: our narrowest stairlift track with additional weight capacity
- Handicare 1000XXL: for plus size users weighing up to 200kg
- Acorn straight stairlifts
- Homeglide straight stairlift
The Slide Track for straight stairlifts.
- A unique solution for issue with the straight stairlift track causing obstructions and trip issues at doors or at the end of staircases. The track moves up the staircase at the same time as the seat is moving, leaving the doorway at the base of your stairs unobstructed.
- Works automatically when the toggle or remote control is activated.
- Slightly shorter than the length of your staircase. When you start to travel up the staircase the track will move with you. The track will reach the top of your stairs before the stairlift, it will stop whilst your stairlift continues on its journey to the top where you can safely dismount. When you come downstairs the track will travel down with you so you can dismount safely at the bottom.
- Is fitted with safety sensors at either end, these will halt the track if it encounters an obstacle during use. Your stairlift will continue to move towards the obstacle if desired where, if safe to do so, you can remove the obstruction and continue your journey. Alternatively, the track and stairlift can be moved away from the obstruction.
- Also offers safety benefits over a traditional hinged system by removing any risk of an object becoming caught in the hinge.
Curved stairlifts have tracks that are specifically designed to suit staircases that turn corners or are spiral: the curved stairlift can be designed to travel on most stair designs regardless of bends and levels. Curved stairlifts can be designed to travel on outside and inside of stairs.
- Handicare Rembrandt: for the inside of the stairs, normally the shorter wall or banister measurement
- Handicare Van Gogh: for the outside of the stairs, normally the longer wall or banister measurement
- Handicare Vermeer: our multi-storey stairlift
- Handicare 2000: for either side of the stairs
- Minivator curved stairlifts
- Flow curved stairlifts
All curved stairlift tracks supplied by Adapted Living are made to order following a survey of each individual staircase. Do not hesitate to contact Adapted Living and we can provide you with a free advice and quotation for your stairlift requirements.
We facilitate local authority housing adaptation grants and will give every assistance we can to help you apply. See our grants section for further information on local councils.
At Adapted Living we supply and fit both curved and straight stairlifts and with the aid of new technology, we are able to create custom lifts to suit your needs. Our team of engineers have more than 10 years of experience and would be happy to call to your home to give you a FREE CONSULTATION. We also regularly work within the recommendations of your public health professional and occupational therapist.
We are partnered with Handicare who in turn provide us with a full range and design of stairlifts for from Minivator and Freelift. These are well established and recognised names in the field of housing adaptations.
Adapted Living currently have our office, shop, stairlift display in Limerick and our workshop base in Tipperary which allow us to service all of Ireland from a central location. Our new showroom in Limerick is where you can view and try out our stairlift range. To date we have fitted stair lifts to many counties including Cork, Limerick , Waterford, Clare, Carlow, Wicklow, Kildare, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Kilkenny, Offaly and and many more surrounding counties just contact Adapted Living and we make all the arrangements for you.
Give us a call in Limerick on 061 294529 or in Tipperary on 062 33975.